This hands-on mammography screening course teaches how to find breast cancer in its early stages and how to minimize call-back rates without missing cancers.
- The attendees will read 240 full-field digital mammography cases in 6 reading sessions spread out during the 3-day course under expert physician guidance.
- The full-field digital mammography images will be displayed on high quality viewing stations.
- Normals will be mixed with proven abnormal cases.
- Reading will take place at high resolution work stations.
- Every case (normals and abnormals) will be discussed with the Faculty at the end of each reading session, including description of further workup of all abnormalities using mammographic workup, hand-held and 3D automated ultrasound, breast MRI and interventional methods correlated with large section histology.
- The course will also guide in the preoperative workup /differential diagnosis of breast diseases using the multimodality approach.
During the course the attendees will progressively improve their
interpretive expertise, as they learn the full spectrum of normal breast
images, with all finding explained with the help of 3-dimensional histology
- These skills will lead to fewer call-backs and greater confidence in reading large number of mammograms.
emphasis will be placed on finding early phase breast cancers.
Attendees will receive a unique present - a PDF copy of Dr. Tabar's PowerPoint presentation of each positive case, including full explanation, mammographic workup/hand-held US, 3D automated US images and breast MRI with large section histologic confirmation.
To view photographs taken during the screening course, click HERE