- British Medical Association Film Competition Silver Award for "Positioning Techniques in Mammography", 1984.
- British Medical Association Film Competition Silver Award for "Galactography and Pneumocystography", 1985.
- Recipient of the Terry Fox Award from the British Columbia Medical Association for contributions to cancer research, 1988.
- Recipient of the Gold Medal from the Society of Breast Imaging, 2001.
- American Cancer Society's Distinguished Service Award, 2001.
- Recipient of the IMPACT Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Fight Against Breast Cancer by the National Consortium of Breast Care Centers, Inc., 2002.
- Recipient of the Pathfinder Award by the American Society of Breast Disease, 2006.
- Recipient of the first Alexander Margulis Award for Scientific Excellence from the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
Read the RSNA Press Release by clicking HERE